Books and Tutorials
- Chapter 12: Microphone Arrays in Techniques for Noise Robustness in Automatic Speech Recognition; Tuomas Virtanen, Rita Singh, and Bhiksha Raj (eds.), Wiley, December 2012. pdf
- Distant Speech Recognition,
Matthias Woelfel and John McDonough, Wiley, 2009. link
- Computers in the Human Interaction Loop,
A. Waibel and R. Stiefelhagen (eds.), Springer, ISBN 1848820534, 2009.
- Machine Learning for Multimodal Interaction, S. Bengio
and S. Bourlard (eds.), Springer Lecture Notes in Computer
Science, Volume 4892/2008, pgs. 283-294, 2008.
- Distant Speech Recognition: No Black Boxes Allowed, John McDonough, presentation at Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA. video
- Microphone Arrays for Distant Speech Recognition, John McDonough, lecture for Machine Learning for Signal Processing, CMU 11-755, November 15, 2011. slides
- Single and Multi Channel Feature Enhancement for Distant Speech Recognition, Matthias Woelfel, John McDonough and Friedrich Faubel, tutorial at ICASSP, March, 2010. slides
- Overview of Distant Speech Recognition; John McDonough, tutorial at the SCALE Winter School, January 12, 2010. slides
- Speaker Tracking and Beamforming; John McDonough, tutorial at the SCALE Winter School, January 13, 2010. slides
- Weighted Finite-State Transducers in Automatic Speech Recognition; John McDonough, tutorial at the SCALE Winter School, January 14, 2010. slides